October 11 & 12, 2014
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$4 per person or children 7 and younger Free
Click here for video of 2013 Fall Festvial as presented by firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Vendors (Near the Main House): Baked potatoes, Apple Dumplings, Pierogis, Corn Fritters, Buffalo Burgers, Pork, Sloppy Jo, Sausage on a stick, Hamburgers, Carmel Apples. Pumpkin Roll, Cake, Pie, Cold Pop, Hot Coffee.
Hayride Shuttle (West pasture): To pioneer farm and one-room schoolhouse. $1.00 per person round trip. Get off at each site and catch the next shuttle. Of course, you can always walk the path to each of the historic areas.
Historic Arts (In the Barn & Barnyard Main House & Carriage House): Wood Carvings, China Painting, Rug hooking, Broom Making, Candles, Egg Grading, Blacksmith, Clothes, Mittens, Furniture, Dolls, Paper
Historic Chores for the kids 10:30a.m-Noon & 1:00p.m.-3:30 p.m. (donations appreciated)
- Candle Making Main House Back Yard
- Mini Broom Making Pioneer Cabin
- Painting (for children only) in School Yard
- Nail Pounding and Rope Making in School Yard
- Old Fashioned Dress Up inside School
At the Peddler's Tent
- Rolling Pin Toss at 1 p.m.
- Frying Pan Toss at 2 p.m.
- Sheep Toss at 3 p.m.
On-going all day Saturday & Sunday
- Woodland Indian Camp near Pioneer Farm (south of the cabin)
- Egg grading in the east side of the carriage house
- Quilting/Tatting near the main house
- Soap making in front of the Barn
- Root Cellar open and hosted by the Lake County Master Gardeners who are also working in the Main House Garden
- Northwest Indiana Storytellers Guild are at School House
Buckley Homestead is located 4.5 miles west of Interstate 65 just south of Route 2 on Hendricks Road in Lowell. Exit I-65 west at Rt. 2 toward Lowell to Hendricks, then south for 1/4 mile to the visitor center parking lot. The farmstead is a short walk along the trail. GPS coordinates: Visitor's Center: 41.283566,-87.377509
Please note that pets are not permitted at this special event
For more information, please call 219-769-PARK
Old Time and Traditional Craftsmen should call Megan at 219-947-7275 if interested in a booth
For reservations and more information about the Lake County Parks Call 219-769-PARK
Mon-Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm Central Time (Chicago Time)
Lake County Parks and Recreation Department Corporate Office
8411 East Lincoln Highway, Crown Point, Indiana 46307
Just west of Deep River WaterparK 4.5 miles east of I-65 on Route 30