Before You Book
All Discovery Trips include a day of valuable unstructured play all throughout Bellaboo's indoor and outdoor facility! Themed trips also include a seasonal cooking class for your students led by a member of our fun and energetic Boo Crew.
- $9.00 per student for an Unguided Exploration Trip
- $12 per student for a themed trip with staff-led educational components.
- One adult chaperone or teacher admitted free per every 5 children (additional adults $8)
Both options can include early entrance and the option to stay and play all day, 1 free adult chaperone per 5 children, and bins for jackets.
booking & times
All group rates require a reservation made at least 2 weeks in advance with a set check-in time. Please allow at least 2 hours for your visit, and at least an additional 30 minutes if you plan on eating at Bellaboo's. Reservations can be made by calling 219-963-2070 Monday-Friday from 9 to 3. Bookings are based on space and availability.
15 student minimum required. 125 maximum, based on space
Have a larger group?* Give us a call and we will work together to figure out how to get you all here!
*Note that larger groups will have to be split into smaller groups to do certain educational shows while on your trip. This means that you will have to book more time sessions for each smaller group. For example, the maximum for Children's Cooking is 25 children. Let us know how many sessions you will need when you are booking your trip and have a method to split up your group before you arrive.
payment & cancellation
- A $50 deposit is required 2 weeks after booking.
- Final numbers are required on the Monday of the week before your trip.
- The final balance will be determined one week prior to your visit, and no adjustments will be made to balance within one week of visit. Final balance is due the day of your trip. (Deposit is non-refundable.)
- Day-of additions to your group will be charged our daily admission rate rather than the group rate.
Checks payable to Bellaboo's, and can be mailed to:
2800 Colorado Street
Lake Station, IN 46405
Groups needing to cancel will be given 1 year to reschedule without loss of deposit.
A reminder that children will need socks to play in our Soft Play space. When venturing outdoors, there are plenty of water elements. Plan to get wet and bring some towels. If you plan on keeping children dry for their visit, Buccanoo Bay is divided into two sections. Our Pirate Ship is basically water-free, whereas Buccanoo Bay has a stream, pond, water table and a few spray stations that are turned on by our guests with a press of a button. Please plan your visit accordingly and speak to your chaperones about your own expectations. We are happy for your group to use all play spaces available the day you visit. Bellaboo's have the right to close down any play space at anytime. Sunscreen is recommended for all.