- Programs & Events
- Group and School Tours
- Special Group Experiences
Special Group Experiences
create a group visit
Not seeing the perfect trip for your group? Custom guided experiences can take place at Gibson Woods, Grand Kankakee Marsh, Lake Etta, Lemon Lake, Oak Ridge Prairie, Stoney Run, or Three Rivers. We can cover of variety of topics including biodiversity, birds, life cycles, habitats, ecology, plants, history, movement, and more. Fees vary based on season and topic.
for custom visits
Email email@example.com to be matched with a programming specialist. Please include if you have a park or topic preference, the age/grade of your group, and when you'd like to visit.
- Date: May
- Grade: 4th-Middle School
- Price: $2 per person, including chaperones and teachers; $20 minimum
- Morning tour time slot: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon tour time slot: Noon to 2 p.m.
- Reservations and deposit required at least ten business days in advance. 219-769-7275
- Appropriate for 4th to 6th grade curriculum.
History books open wide and come to life as your students visit the 18th century. The Fur Trade Era is bustling with activity when you arrive. Your students will see how the French Voyageurs played an important role in early commerce and trade right here in Northwest Indiana. Native Americans traded furs while the Voyageurs, British, and French clashed over ownership of the land. There is plenty for students to see, hear and learn. They will feel like they just spent a day in the 18th century. You too, will enjoy jumping back into history! The tour is completely outside, so please remind your students to dress for the weather. Upon registration, teachers will be sent a confirmation packet, complete with pre or post activity sheets.
Looking for something else?
We'd love to have you! Here's information on how to visit our other park sites with a group.
- Deep River Waterpark is happy to accommodate groups of 15 and up.
- Cedar Creek Family Golf Center boasts a traditional mini golf course. Call them at 219-365-2902 to discuss how to bring your group.
- Turkey Creek Golf Course would love to host your next golf outing. Learn more by calling 219-980-5170.
- Looking to have a banquet or benefit? Contact Lake Etta Banquet Hall (219-949-6533) or Banquets on the Green at Turkey Creek (219-887-3550)
- Shelters are available for picnicking at 8 park sites! Learn more here!
If you still feel like something is missing send us an email and we'll send your request out to our programmers.